Guest Experience Designer
Confidential Via Staffing FirmAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2022 12:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Guest Experience Designer jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Guest Experience Designer postings
Full Time Job
Guest Experience Designer
The Guest Experience Designer is responsible for the creation of conceptual drawings, digital models, plans and designs for company's capital projects. This position will assist in the creation of new guest experiences, attractions, exhibits, and revenue-driving venues across company's theme park and aquarium properties. Work is envisioned to focus mainly on the environments & experiences ''around and between'' anchor attractions and exhibits, although not exclusively.
This position is part of company's Creative Studios, the group of dreamers inside the company charged with creating world-class attractions, entertainment & characters. Position reports to Vice President, Guest Experiences with day-to-day assignments from the Senior Guest Experiences Designer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You'll work closely with our Guest Experience Design team. They will be your ''Jungle Guide'' to help you understand how we do what we do. And to answer your questions, like ''where's the coffee machine.'' Yes, you'll need some. There will be a few late nights.
Understanding how to tell a great story is key. We're all about creating stories, brand themes, and fun characters here. So you'll need to be good at this. Your job will be to make sure we translate these stories and details into fantastic backdrops and environments for our guests. The Guest Experience Designer will be responsible for the design and direction of the following:
• Develop new or renovate existing retail, food, and guest service venues. Create innovative design responses to the objectives and strategies set by your property clients.
• Define & design cool environments for our theme parks and aquariums during concept, schematic, design development and production phases of development. Get this, you may be designing an 1880's Mining Town one day, and a Penguin attraction the next. You'll need to multi-task, big time. But you'll have fun, where else can you have a funnel cake for lunch?
Your job may include, but is not limited to:
CONCEPT PHASE (The ''Yikes, what are we going to do?'' phase)
• Development of ''show'' and facility programming information
• 3d modeling
• Generation of POV sketches, birdseyes, storyboards, etc.
• Conceptual architectural plans, elevations, sections, and details
• Digital presentations of concept and design work
• Written documents to define stories, characters and environments for our guest experiences.
SCHEMATIC/DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PHASES (The ''Living on Jello'' phase)
• Project document layout and production
• Site Plans, elevations and details for all facility and show elements.
PRODUCTION (The ''I think we can do this, but I may need more money in the budget'' phase. This is also the phase where you hear the word, ''No'' more than you'll want.)
• Color specification
• Call-out of finishes and materials
• Developing, sourcing and maintaining prop and show elements information.
• Field art direction as required by projects. Yep, you'll get a few frequent flyer miles.
• Develop visually strong presentations to internal and external audiences to communicate your project concept, content, and project status. Did we say you need to be great at this?
• Ability to verbally communicate conceptual ideas and inspire others. This is a biggy. You need to be a master of knowing our guests interests and have the ability to motivate others to implement great projects that drive profit per guest. We do allow a Jedi mind trick or two. We'll teach you a few when you get here.
• Assist in the development of cost estimates and other documents to bring clarity to the project budgeting process. Participate in value engineering where applicable - - And with a smile! We try to not be sarcastic around here by the way.
• Collaborate with and review content generated by our family of outside design resources, including but not limited to: Architectural/engineering documents, shop drawings, show specifications, graphics and signage, media, etc. We're a small team here, but we work with a ton of talented individuals and organizations outside the company. It would be great if you had some nifty relationships to bring along.
• Must be current on the latest developments in our industry. We know you're awesome, but we expect you to be in–the-know and familiar with our industry processes. You'll be our go-to person on themed environment techniques.
• You'll assist us in building and maintaining archives of our design information and key property site plan data. Gotta be organized - - We must keep our closets clean and tidy! No dust bunnies here.
• The quality of your creative concepts and strength of your development strategy counts. You need to be creative thinker AND have a knack for listening to what our properties need. You'll need to convert those thoughts and comments into quick design action. The good news is your ideas will get built!
• Not sure how to say this, we want someone super-talented, but you'll need to have a great heart and be a nice person, too. We want you to contribute to our growing, healthy, and dynamic studio environment. Fun people only! No grumps or Eeyores, please.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat)
• Apple Keynote or PowerPoint
• Microsoft Office suite
RELATIONSHIPS OUTSIDE WORK UNIT:
You must have a high degree of tact & diplomacy to obtain favorable decisions or maintain good will. You pretty much need to have the patience of a saint.
You'll be responsible for interacting with and sometimes leading our creative teams of writers, artists, directors, scenic designers, media producers, programmers, graphic designers, etc. You'll also be responsible for identifying and managing some outside vendors and consultants. So you'll need to be the boss once in a while and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Art, environmental design, architecture, or related field required.
5-10 Years Experience: Planning and designing complex projects in the attraction industry or related field required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
''My Responsibility'' STATEMENT
I make sure our guest experiences are well-designed and our plans are clear so they can be produced successfully
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT . . .
You can expect to work on projects that have never been done before - - ideas and concepts that make people smile. You can expect to have fun and be treated with respect the minute you start . . . and through to the end. You can expect to have real responsibility and see your projects get completed and BUILT, swiftly. You can expect to work in an environment that is highly innovative and low in politics - - truthful and filled with smart people!
And most of all, you can expect to work hard and make a difference in our world by helping bring families closer together.
Qualified candidates please submit resume