Financial Systems Manager
Confidential Via Staffing FirmTennessee, IL
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2022 8:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Financial Systems Manager jobs in Tennessee-IL
Search all Financial Systems Manager postings
Full Time Job
The Financial Systems Manager will assist in designing, identifying, planning, and implementing financial information systems which will adequately support the company's initiatives. Represent Finance/Accounting needs and requirements within operational software (ticketing, POS, etc.) selection, implementation and support. Improve business processes and supports critical business strategies by participating in the selection, development, implementation, and maintenance of financial systems, and ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels.
II. Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Director of Financial systems with company-wide review of accounting systems and processes to identify opportunities for continuous improvement (technology road map).
• Act as a liaison between corporate Financial Systems team and property finance/accounting team.
• Be a resource to Directors of Financial Systems.
• Conduct in-depth reviews of the Company's installation for each accounting system, identifying opportunities for improvement, ensure that internal controls and compliance with GAAP and Company Financial Policies and Procedures are followed during this process, or recommend procedural changes.
• Provide these same services for any new systems installations that impact finance/accounting.
• Participates in the process of designing, planning, and coordination of new application systems and any additionally needed programming.
• Help to identify systems requirements based on needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
• Assist in evaluation of vendor offerings and determines the optimal mix of package and custom solutions.
• Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
• Develop and document in a standardized manner ''Best Practices'' for each significant accounting system.
• Assist in definition of software testing scripts and review/coordination of finance user acceptance testing (UAT) for new software.
• Execution of defined testing scripts of system updates prior to installation into accounting, timekeeping and other financial systems
• Act as HE SME in finance systems or accounting/finance applications within operational systems. Be a resource to property and corporate accounting to problem solve and troubleshoot errors and issues.
• Provides training for new systems as well as on-going training and technical support for financial systems. Develops others thru training and knowledge transfer.
• Serve as technical accounting expert and resource to the Property Finance Leaders and property finance teams.
• Ensures reporting standardization for all entities and consistent data flow for financial information
• Practice flexible leadership, professional management skills, and consultative and participative decision-making skills.
• Special projects as assigned. Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties.
III. Educational and Experience Requirements
• BS in Accounting or related field with minimum 5 years' experience; CPA preferred.
• Proven knowledge of and work with accounting systems.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
• Budgeting and forecasting experience preferred.
• Experience in implementation of new software applications.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing business environment.
• Strong understanding of accounting cycles, company operations, and accounting systems.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
• Ability to be assertive when necessary to accomplish company goals.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others in a friendly, professional manner.
• Self-supervised and disciplined to prioritize and complete work on a timely basis.
• Handle confidential information responsibly.
• Detail oriented and analytical.
• Ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft Office Products.
Qualified Candidates Please Submit Resume