Evp, Business & Legal Affairs
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2021 9:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Evp, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Evp, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Evp, Business & Legal Affairs? Our client, a leading global entertainment organization, is seeking an EVP to join their Business and Legal Affairs team! In this role, you will use your extensive leadership and transactional legal experience from within entertainment to serve as an integral member of the department leadership team: you'll analyze, negotiate, and draft a variety of complex legal agreements, analyze contracts, review and negotiate agreements with external vendors, provide ongoing legal advice to internal creative teams, review and analyze audit participation claims, and supervise outside counsel, among other tasks. You'll also serve as a resource for other company executives, providing guidance on the interpretation and application of existing and potential deals in the areas of intellectual property and guild agreements, as well as any other variety of legal matters, and assist with the handling of production legal, litigation, copyright, trademark, rights, and clearance issues.
You should have:
- a Juris Doctorate (active members of the California bar strongly preferred)
- a minimum 10 years of leadership and transactional legal experience from an entertainment based law firm, studio, network, agency or production company, with a strong understanding and knowledge of broadcast technology, television production and distribution, direct to consumer and new media platforms, intellectual property and related agreements (experience within the international or streaming spaces highly preferred)
- comfort analyzing issues of copyright, intellectual property, labor, and risk management
- advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- excellent communicative, collaborative, time management, leadership, critical thinking, and analytical skills, with a detail and results oriented approach
This is a direct hire opportunity based in the Los Angeles, CA, area, with full benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. For consideration, please submit your resume This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.