Director Of Product Design - Web and Mobile / Immersive Reality
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our client, an international new media organization focusing on bringing immersive reality experiences to life, has an immediate need for a Director of Product Design. In this role, the Director of Product Design will be responsible for leading the development of their digital products across the web and mobile. In addition, the Director will drive a hands-on approach to define their experiences and design language from the research phase to the final production. They will also assist with the creation of a design workflow with user friendly interfaces between platforms and will manage/grow a team of designers to create state-of-the-art experiences.
• Work closely with engineers, designers, and product managers throughout all phases of the design and development process to create scalable solutions
• Manage a team of designers across various platforms including web and mobile
• Conduct agile research to gain understanding of problem spaces and empathy in user needs through both qualitative and quantitative methods
• Work closely with the engineering team to ensure work is aligned properly
• Provide articulated design rationale and high-quality deliverables that communicate design directions and details effectively
• Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team that consistently delivers value to users
• Solicit and embrace feedback from colleagues and stakeholders, while providing useful feedback to the team
• Understand and seek out customer needs and create design solutions to assist them
• Ability to lead and develop high-performing teams with stellar communication and leadership skills
• Exceptionally strong skill set in graphic design, UX/UI, and a strong understanding of responsive design
• Experience managing both a team of designers and delivered multiples experiences, apps, and platforms on web and mobile
• Knowledgeable and passionate about the sports and esports industry, as well as digital, tech, and streaming media is preferred
• Experience in entertainment, events, and tech sector in a high growth environment is a plus
• Demonstrated ability of shipping end-to-end consumer products from user research to final production
• Advanced experience in 2D design software including Principle/Invison, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Strong experience with visual principles and design standards and artistic skills including graphic, proportion, typography, and composition
• Passionate about immersive technology, content, and design
• 8 years of relevant industry experience
• B.A. degree
This is a full-time permanent opportunity located in West Los Angeles.
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online