Confidential Via Staffing FirmSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising the daily general accounting activities to ensure that International Financial Reporting Standards (''IFRS'') and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (''GAAP'') are consistently applied and internal controls are maintained.
• Manages and leads local accounting trade support finance team.
• Assist with data collection, analysis, documentation and review of financial information and preparation of underlying disclosures to ensure compliance with SEC/Form 20F requirements.
• Experience complying with SOX requirements.
• Manages processes with timely reviews of organization's financial status and also provides monthly/quarterly and annual closing including financial reports in compliance with GAAP/IFRS accounting and additional reporting methods as needed.
• Reviews existing and prospective revenue arrangements and trade contracts for appropriate recognition in accordance with accounting standards and company policy.
• Manages processes to provide input used in preparation of budgets, rolling forecasts, monthly forecasting, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
• Proactively researches relevant technical accounting and reporting standards to validate company positions, related best practices, pending changes, and/or industry consensus.
• Perform statistical analysis on sales reserves and validate estimates for reasonableness and compliance with relevant accounting standards.
• Evaluates, develops, and maintains internal and operational controls necessary to comply with accounting best practices and corporate policy.
• Participates and shares responsibility for internal and external audits of company's records, including financials and analytical reporting.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or related field or equivalent experience required.
• CPA certification preferred.
• 10 years experience in accounting, finance and people management (Big 4 audit a plus).
• Background in pharmaceutical sales & marketing organization or large manufacturing environment with accounting supervisory experience, preferred.
• Thorough understanding and application of GAAP and IFRS.
• Experience with Transfer Pricing and various tax/statutory accounting requirements, a plus.
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online