Paralegal - Business & Legal Affairs
Electric EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/26/2021 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Paralegal - Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Paralegal - Business & Legal Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paralegal - Business & Legal Affairs? Paralegal - Business & Legal Affairs
Electric Entertainment, a full-service film, television, post production and sales company, is seeking a skilled, proactive Paralegal for its Business and Legal Affairs team to provide business affairs and administrative support for three executives. Must have entertainment business affairs experience to be considered.
- General contract administration
- Track and review chain-of-title, paid ad statements and other legal deliverables for international and domestic distributors for in-house productions and acquired titles. Correspond with licensees regarding title availability, default and termination
- Register copyrights
- Track development deals, facilitate payments and correspond with writer reps and WGA
- Track talent, crew and writer agreements for perk and credit obligations
- Review distributor artwork for legal compliance
- During production, prepare union project information sheets and notice of tentative writing credits
-Register entities with secretaries of state and file updates as needed
- Input sales contract information into FilmTrack
- File UCC statements
- Assist with all diligence paperwork for loans
- track executive correspondence and follow up as needed
- set meetings and maintain calendars for three executives
- administrative support (filing paperwork, arranging for notaries, covering phones)
- Minimum 2 years of business affairs experience at a studio, agency, production company or similar law firm experience.
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Familiarity with U.S. Copyright Office filings
- Familiarity with UCC system
- FilmTrack experience highly desirable
- Ability to juggle a varied workload.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, great attitude This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.