Eighteentwentysix LLCLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Controller jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Eighteentwentysix is a concert and event production company looking to hire a full time, LA based controller to work in our North Hollywood office. This person will lead the accounting department and manage two accounting specialists. Candidate must be passionate about learning how we currently operate, then using that knowledge to continually improve our accounting systems and turnaround time. Candidate will report to upper management and provide our team with accurate data.
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
• Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and international financial reporting standards.
• Produces project and period specific budgets or forecasts. Assist the production team by tracking project budget vs. actual reports and profitability.
• Weekly AR and AP reports.
• Submit approval of outgoing payments.
• Prepare bimonthly employee payroll. Payroll is paid to full time and project specific employees.
• Review 1099 and foreign tax reports.
• Work with external auditors and accountants to provide all required information.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Manage & train accounting department.
• Office based 5 days a week.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Experience with GAAP reporting.
• Proficient in QuickBooks.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA is a bonus).
• 4 years of professional accounting experience in the live event, music, or business management industries.
• CPA License.
• Experience creating and implementing new company policies or systems.
Benefits & Compensation:
• Competitive salary that is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
• Fully covered employee health, dental, and vision policies.
• 401k plan offered after 1 year of employment at company.