Intern - Development
Edgeline FilmsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Helmed by Josh Kriegman, Elyse Steinberg, and Eli Despres, Edgeline Films is a documentary production company focusing on prestige film and television. Our TCA-award winning docuseries COUPLES THERAPY - now filming its fifth season for Showtime - has been heralded by critics as ''as rich a snapshot of human behavior as you are going to find'' and features on over a dozen critics' top ten lists.
Our feature films include THE FIGHT, winner of the 2020 Sundance Jury Prize for Social Impact Filmmaking, and WEINER, winner of the 2016 Sundance Grand Jury Prize and short-listed for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.
We're a fast-growing company with several exciting new projects in various stages of production and development, including an HBO series centered around Jerrod Carmichael.
About the Job:
As a development intern, you will learn the inner workings of a documentary production company with veteran filmmakers while gaining valuable industry experience from an editor-focused workflow. We are looking for interns who are pursuing a career in documentary production and/or filmmaking, are eager to learn, proactive, and love to find creative solutions.
- Kind, hardworking, willing and ready to learn
- Great interest in the film and/or entertainment industry
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently and be a multitasker
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Solid writing, excellent verbal and communication skills
- Support AE's and editors with day-to-day tasks
- Assist with development of internal projects
- Help manage footage and assets for multiple projects
- Facilitate social media/internet presence
- General office administrative duties
- Available at least 2-3 days per week, in-person, at our office in Los Angeles, CA starting January 2024 and ending April 2024 (dates flexible)
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university and able to receive school credit
- Experience with Avid Media Composer or similar NLE's (Premiere, Final Cut, etc.)
- Possess your own laptop/computer and comfortable working with Mac
- Proficient in Google Workspace