East West PlayersLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Development Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Development Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Development Manager? Program/Department: Administration/Management
Reports To: Producing Artistic Director
Classification: Full-Time Salary - Exempt
Reporting to EWP's Producing Artistic Director Snehal Desai, the Development Manager will oversee individual donor and corporate sponsorship programs, support Board development, and oversee the management and execution of grant writing to public and private funding agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Producing Artistic Director to design and implement a comprehensive annual giving campaign;
- Oversee planning, strategy, and implementation of donor campaigns with Marketing team;
- Devise and implement strategies to acquire, renew, and upgrade individual and corporate donors;
- Strategically support the effective implementation and execution of an annual events schedule, including donor cultivation events, two annual fundraising events, and related efforts;
- Work closely with the Board of Directors on their fundraising efforts and communicate development initiatives with the Board;
- Manage a contract grant writer, oversee a robust grant writing calendar, and work with the General Manager in preparing budgets and financial documents related to grant programs;
- Manage strategic community partnerships with neighboring businesses in Little Tokyo and other community non-profits;
- Manage a Development Intern, when applicable;
- Manage donor cultivation and VIPs during opening nights, and for the duration of a show run.
East West Players seeks a proactive and strategic leader to help shape the organization's future. This individual will possess a passion for Asian American issues, and for bringing people together across community lines. Interpersonal skills and oral/written skills must be exceptional. We are seeking an individual who can develop big picture strategy, and then implement that strategy day-to-day - all with a vision to help EWP grow beyond current contributed income sources.
Additional requirements include:
- 5+ years of development management experience, preferably in the arts field
- A track record of securing major gifts and meeting contributed income goals
- Experience working with the Asian American community
- Proficiency in PatronManager and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Must be able to handle multiple projects efficiently, work under high-stress situations, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.