This was removed by the employer on 7/17/2022 6:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Subtitle Editor jobs in Torrance-CA
Search all Subtitle Editor postings
Full Time Job
Caption and Subtitle Editors are hired for their proficiency in the English language and their computer skills and the ability to deal with foreign languages (i.e., timing English subs / caps to foreign-language audio, timing foreign-language subs / caps to English audio, importing .doc templates, prepping foreign languages for final export, etc.) Caption editors must be able to perform original and or reformat closed captions and subtitles, creating specially formatted scripts, importing and prepping foreign-language or English files for final export and deliverables for DVD/BD and Digital Delivery.
Closed Caption and Subtitle essential job functions:
• Creating and reformatting closed captions and subtitles.
• Knowledgeable and or becoming fully functional in the use of Captioning / Subtitling software
• Must follow company's and Client styles and rules for timing, placement, line breaks, caption/subtitle breaks, punctuation, grammar rules, etc. . .
• Knowledge of pop-on captioning style, roll-up captioning style and subtitling.
• Ability to perform all types of reformats, including but not limited to Offsetting, NTSC DF, NTSC NDF, PAL, Time Tailor, Varisped, and 24-frame reformats.
• Must be able to import and prep foreign language or ENG files such as: timing of English subtitles/caption to foreign language audio; Timing foreign language subtitles/captions to English audio; Prepping of foreign languages for final exports and deliverables, etc.
• Responsible for achieving quality and quantity of work in terms of typing and timing; playback; verifications, terms, credits, graphics; official scripts and official website research; proofreading and spell checks.
• Responsible for learning from QC reports and must be able to QC other people's work and create QC reports.
• Must be able to produce quantity of work with quality for original captioning and subtitling per 8-hour shift.
Abilities and Minimum requirements:
• Familiarity with names and terms associated with popular software applications (i.e: SRT, STL, DoST, BDN, ITT)
• Prior experience with or understanding of closed captioning production process is also a plus.
• Strong Grammar and Punctuation Skills
• 60 -70 WPM Typing
• Strong Transcription Skills
To apply; please send a cover letter with specifics related to this job. Generic cover letters will not be responded to. Local applicants only.