Intern - Operations
Driveline BaseballKent, WA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Location: Kent, WA
Full Time Internship
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: Approximately 5 to 6 months after start date (end date is flexible).
Relocation assistance is not provided.
The foundation of our business is the relationships we build with our athletes and coaches. Driveline Baseball's success and future growth is predicated on furthering those relationships within the baseball community and communicating our methodology for training baseball players to the world. In-gym and remotely, we get great results training athletes--but, for many of our prospective trainees and customers, our methods for developing players are new and different.
We can only grow as fast as we can help resolve customers' questions about what is effective when it comes to baseball player development.
We need you. A smart, driven, empathetic listener who is looking to answer questions and solve problems.
Every day, you will help athletes and their families along the journey of their baseball career, listening to how they approach their career and finding a best fit training program.
You'll work with coaches of teams to help them improve their players. You will work internally to suggest better ways for us to run Driveline. You will learn more about baseball development in 6 months here than anywhere else. Period. We are the literal cutting edge of player development.
The structure of the operations internship is straightforward:
• Learning by doing: answering emails and phone calls, working in the warehouse, and getting to know our operations, athletes, and customers better. Your week will be roughly 40 hours of front office and warehouse work. You will learn all facets of our business.
• After this time you will be expected to be able to take on significant business related projects and act as lead on them. This might also be a time in which you work with other groups in Driveline on joint projects not directly related to business.
• Answering questions from Driveline customers and trainees about program options, equipment and training methodology via email, phone, chat and social media.
• Suggesting new content, processes, or procedures that resolves pain points for current customers or prospective ones.
• Making phone calls and sending emails on behalf of Driveline to connect with potential customers and athletes.
• Collaborating with our content and research teams to make sure we continually produce content our customers want and need.
• Creating small amounts of content: updating blog articles and FAQs, creating short videos.
• Must be willing to work in Kent, Washington.
• Must be able to type over 40 words per minute.
• Experience communicating with customers in a customer service or sales role.
• Experience using or teaching Driveline's programs or products.
• A passion for, and deep understanding of, Baseball.
• Experience solving problems independently.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google Docs.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced startup type environment with little direct supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal skills. Should be able to comfortably interact with 9-year-old pitchers, professional athletes, high-level baseball coaches and parents.
• Experience managing Customer Relationship Manager software.
• Experience creating quality customer experiences. You should love making other people happy.
• Fluent in Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean.
• Previous Baseball operations or playing experience.
Driveline Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. For employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities, Driveline Baseball provides reasonable accommodation.