Assistant Teaching Professor
Drexel UniversityPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
The Drexel University Department of Cinema & Television in The Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design in Philadelphia is looking for an accomplished professional director, producer or writer-producer who is ready to pass on their accumulated knowledge to our eager, talented, and ambitious students. The Film & Television Production program at Drexel University seeks applicants for a full time, contract faculty position with expectations for inspiring teaching, meaningful participation in university service, and contemporary industry expertise.
Cinema & Television is one of seven departments in the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, working closely with the Departments of Digital Media, Performing Arts, and Arts & Entertainment Enterprise. The Film & Television Production program within the department attracts national and international students who not only desire to have a professional career, but also understand that in order to do so they must be multi-skilled, collaborative story-tellers.
All Film & Television students participate in a six-month co-op experience which has them working full-time in industry in Los Angeles, NYC, Philadelphia and beyond. The program offers a summer term Westphal in Los Angeles program which provides internship experiences, networking opportunities, and courses toward the major's requirements. The program takes pride in its array of current technologies for shooting and editing, and in its diverse faculty who are directors, cinematographers, editors, composers and industry executives.
Westphal College offers seventeen accredited undergraduate programs, as well as eight graduate programs, many of which are in the top-ten in national rankings. Our innovative instructional approach emphasizes learning in small studio and production courses under the tutelage of nearly one hundred and thirty full-time faculty who are noted artists, media producers, scholars, researchers, and industry professionals. The Westphal College has more than twenty-three hundred students and is one of the largest of Drexel's fourteen schools and colleges. Drexel is located in the heart of Philadelphia, a world heritage city that nurtures the arts and is the fourth largest market in the country.
• Teach a selection of courses as assigned, primarily on campus.
• Engage in creative activities within the industry.
• Serve on committees for the college or university.
• Participate in program and curriculum assessment and development.
• Mentor students in industry networking and careers and assist students with connections in the field.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 10 years of experience
• Ideal candidates are cinema and television professionals with a minimum of ten years' experience in high-level creative decision-making and producing, a working knowledge of screenwriting, production, and post-production, and an interest in administration and leadership.
• Ideal candidates should exhibit a mastery of the current industry and be able to articulate a vision that integrates the disparate demands of episodic television for broadcast, cable and streaming services, and mainstream theatrical production.
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation's most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Candidates for this position should review the Film & Television program's curriculum and initiatives at our website and should address their qualifications to teach our current curriculum in their letter of application.
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin on January 6, 2020 and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified. Website: Apply At Employer's Site