Hub Production Manager
Dreamworks TVGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
DreamWorks Animation Television and the HUB has an exciting new opportunity for a HUB Production Manager to join its team based in Glendale, California.
The HUB Production Manager is responsible for managing and tracking the day-to-day duties of the Digital Animation and Pipeline teams as well as partner with the Studios Marketing team to ensure all DWTV Marketing needs are being maintained. With direction from the HUB Line Producer, the HUB Production Manager will partner with the Animation Supervisor and Animation Pipeline Supervisor to schedule and track all tasks for their teams and implement strategies to stay on schedule while encouraging the crew.
Primary Function :
• Ensure that the Digital Animation (DA) and Pipeline teams are running efficiently and smoothly
• Facilitate the communication of DreamWorks TV Marketing requests and updates between DWTV and partner studios
• Assist in planning/scheduling/budgeting Marketing requests and needs coming to the HUB and overseas
• Work with partner studios to give support and maintain tool development and marketing schedules
• Oversee DA, Pipeline, and HUB Marketing production staff and communicate regularly
• Put processes and practices in place to ensure crew is supported
• Have transparency into crew and understand the detailed status of the department tasks
• Escalate challenges and issues to HUB Line Producer and when appropriate other studio management, come with proposed solutions
• Manage the DA and Pipeline teams daily tasking to ensure all work for that group is staying on schedule
• Manage, mentor, delegate and grow the Production Staff within the areas of your oversight
• Help with the day-to-day management of the HUB Animation and VFX Supervisors functions
• Assist the VP, TV Animation Production and HUB Line Producer with management and functions of the CG Supervising Producers
• Enable and contribute to a culture that creates an environment where the crew can do their best work
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Manage the overall DA, Pipeline, Marketing and Special Projects task schedules, track internal and OVS tasks and coordinate the day-to-day workflow.
• Plan and schedule partner studio virtual and in person pipeline meetings and presentations. This includes coordination with HUB LP, VP Animation Production, and Series LP's
• Communicate to the HUB Line Producer, Animation and Animation Pipeline Supervisors, and the CG Supervisors on the schedule and planning for the DA and Pipeline departments.
• Maintain an effective relationship with Partner Studios, ensure daily communication, troubleshoot issues and potential delays.
• Travel to international Partner Studio(s) (mandatory if/when the opportunity arises)
• Gather information from production reports including Milestones, Weekly Production Summaries, Bar Schedules and Partner Studio reports; including knowing what the information means, gaps that require discussion and trends that appear. Be prepared to present this information to the centralized Marketing team, HUB Line Producer, and VP, TV Animation Production.
• May at times be asked to step in for HUB Production Manager counterpart on an as needed basis
• Ensure all HUB DA, Pipeline, and Marketing tasks are moving forward and/or specific issues are addressed and/or escalated.
• Assist in running production meetings to ensure clear communication, dissemination of information, acknowledge accomplishments and discuss challenges.
• Advise HUB Line Producer, CG Supervisors, and VP, TV Animation Production of any potential problems or issues, particularly those impacting Digital Animation, Pipeline, and HUB Marketing schedules, and come prepared with proposed solutions.
• May be asked to represent the TV division in render farm and centralized tech infrastructure meetings
• Communicate with various production teams within the Studio and Overseas to gather information that can be used in the development of new tools or new features on existing tools for individual production needs.
• Help facilitate the collaboration between department Supervisors to develop centralized and sustainable pipeline tool solutions.
• Team with Animation Pipeline Supervisor to forecast and create pipeline team goals and schedules. Responsible for tracking the plan through delivery.
• Develop thoughtful and meaningful initiatives and events to elevate crew morale and grow the HUB team dynamic
• Oversee the performance management of the DA, Pipeline, and production team members. Working with the Animation and Animation Pipeline Supervisors to write performance reviews. Flagging any personnel issues and concerns to the HUB Line Producer and CG Supervisors in a timely manner
• Ensure that the team culture is one of timely feedback (with both positive praise and constructive criticism).
• Foster an environment of collaboration and an environment where mistakes are an opportunity for growth.
• When relevant and appropriate, convey studio initiatives to the crew.
• Represent and give status updates for the HUB team in weekly series production meetings.
• Software expertise: Gmail suite, Microsoft suite and shotgun
• In-depth knowledge of the animation production process and pipeline. TV experience preferred
• Communicates clearly and ensures that the correct internal and external groups are provided timely updates,
• Ability to work with remote crew and independent contractors
• Manage and drive multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times
• Work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure
• Proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise good judgment
• Use discretion and maintain confidential information
• Owns tasks and drives through completion
• Effectively communicates with respect and consideration with studio employees and Partner Studio(s) at all levels