Dreamworks TVGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Reports To: Line Producer and Supervising ProducerDreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Directors lead an episodic storyboard team to ensure that the style, vision, and creative ambitions for the storyboards are met for each of their assigned episodes. Working closely with the Storyboard Artists and Revisionists, our Directors are also providing guidance and mentorship to their team. Directors also collaborate with the Animatic Editors to deliver animatics that meet the style and pacing of the show.
This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€
• Collaborate with the Supervising Producer and/or Supervising Directors to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode
• Prepare for and lead storyboard handouts by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Storyboard team
• Participate in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes for revisions
• Evaluate the continuity and quality of all storyboards and punch up the storyboards and/or animatics as needed
• Review animatics with Animatic Editors to direct pacing
• Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
• Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback
• Mentor and support the Storyboard team and cultivate positive team morale
â€œWhat do I need to have in order to do this job?â€
• At least 5 years of experience as a Storyboard Artist working in television animation
• Prior Storyboard Directing experience
• Strong drawing skills with a proven sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines and
keeping a team on schedule
• Advanced knowledge of Storyboard Pro and Photoshop
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Desired Characteristics: â€œWhat can I offer?â€
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Ideal candidates will be able to provide storyboard samples