Dreamworks TVGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
At DreamWorks Animation Television, under the guidance of the Art Director, the Character Designer crafts character designs, turns, expression sheets, special poses, mouth charts, costumes and any other character-related art that the production may require. Character Designers ensure that all deliverables align with the production's schedule, technical specifications, and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Character Designer to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€
• Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned timelines
• Craft clear and detailed designs for characters in the style of the show
• CG: Create detailed and accurate orthographics, turns and/or poses for modeling reference
• Reference storyboards, style guide, show bible and/or source materials to understand the context and to ensure continuity of the character designs
• Support and maintain the artistic vision of the series
• Willingness to take feedback and rework material while maintaining a new perspective
• Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff and ensure all deadlines are met
• Ensure all artwork is properly backed up, organized and stored appropriately
• Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time
â€œWhat do I need to have in order to do this job?â€
• Strong character design skills
• Skilled at drawing and a detailed understanding of anatomy and perspective
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Is a great teammate, who genuinely enjoys working with others
• Strong time-management skills
• Works well in a fast paced production environment under pressure
â€œWhat can I offer?â€
• At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation and/or video games
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 2D: Working knowledge of Illustrator and/or Zbrush is a plus
• CG: Working knowledge of Zbrush, Maya and/or Modo is a plus
• Portfolio that demonstrates strong character design skills