Assistant Avid Editor
Dreamworks TVGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:28:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Assistant Avid Editor jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Assistant Avid Editor postings
Full Time Job
DreamWorks TV - Assistant Editor (Picture)
As an integral part of the Post Production Editorial pipeline, the Avid Assistant Editor will assist the Picture Editors with day to day tasks. They will receive tasks from the Post Production Supervisors while working closely with the Picture Editors to gain a greater understanding of the editorial process for Animation Post Production.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€
• Responsible for setup and management of Avid projects on PC-based Media Composer and Symphony systems.
• Importing shots and animatic materials using a file based workflow for use in assembling shows on both 2D and 3D CG productions.
• Export sequences through various stages of the Post Production pipeline to multiple QuickTime formats.
• Import and cut in scene updates
• Performing media management of workspaces and basic maintenance such as deleting precomputes and organizing media.
• Assemble and update show credits using Photoshop and Avid MC.
â€œWhat do I need to have in order to do this job?â€
• Will need to be very organized and capable of multi-tasking as they will be receiving requests from multiple parties, often simultaneously.
• Will need to have a basic understanding of common HD and UHD video codecs.
• Must be an independent, self-starter who can also work well within a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in fast-paced environment and operating with a sense of urgency.
• Knowledge of video post production is preferred.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
• Experience with AVID Media Composer/Symphony is preferred.
• 1-2 years of TV Animation workflow experience is a plus.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary Range: $89,170 - $115,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].