Animation Pipeline TD
Dreamworks TVGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Reports To: HUB Line Producer and Animation Pipeline Supervisor
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
The Animation Pipeline TD works closely with the Animation Pipeline Supervisor to develop new tools and processes as well as support existing tools and processes. They also ensure that all work they produce adheres to the studio policies and guidelines.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Animation Pipeline TD to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€
• Complete short term and long term tool and software development tasks on schedule
• Coordinate with Production while gathering information that will be used in the development of new tools or new features on existing tools for individual production needs
• Work closely with the Animation Pipeline Supervisor and the Global Visual Effects Supervisor to develop file structure solutions that can be applied across CG shows
• Collaborate with CG department TDs and the Animation Pipeline Supervisor to develop centralized and sustainable pipeline tool solutions
• Provide support to discipline specific TDs. e.g. Lighting, FX, Rigging
• Ensure that software development follows studio policies and guidelines
• Extensive documentation of all tools and processes in the DWTV Pipeline Wiki
• Work closely with the Animation Technology and Software vendors to troubleshoot bugs and feature requests
• Participate and provide feedback in the Biweekly DWTV TD meeting
• Prioritize and manage an extensive list of bugs and feature requests for existing tools and processes
• Provide feedback and progress reports on all assigned tasks during the tasking meeting
• Ability to troubleshoot bugs/error messages reported by our Partner Studios. Bugs from the Partner Studios can be show stopping and require reshuffling your task schedule on a moment's notice
• Work closely with the department Lead and Supervisor to determine long term strategies and standards for the department
â€œWhat do I need to have in order to do this job?â€
• Advanced background in Maya or equivalent software package
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python
• Familiarity with the Adobe Suite
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
• Knowledge of C or C preferred
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
• Flexible to changes and able to prioritize and follow through on requests
• Committed to providing great service and support to our in-house and Partner Studio Teams
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
â€œWhat can I offer?â€
• At least 2 years of experience in the television, feature film or gaming industries
• Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
• Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
• B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred