Animation Pipeline Supervisor
Dreamworks TVGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/13/2021 4:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Animation Pipeline Supervisor jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Animation Pipeline Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Animation Pipeline Supervisor?
Full Time Job
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Animation Pipeline Supervisor works closely with the VP, TV Animation Production, HUB Line Producer and Partner Studio(s) to manage our animation pipeline team and the pipeline process as it relates to producing episodic content. The Animation Pipeline Supervisor ensures that all tools and processes support the production's schedule, technical specifications and creative vision of the Studio.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Animation Pipeline Supervisor to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the VP, TV Animation Production to develop and/or improve pipeline processes and tools
• Initiate, set up, organize and document tools and processes
• Collaborate with the CG Supervisors and work together to present solutions and ideas to the VP, TV Animation Production
• Assist in defining standards and techniques for pipeline processes that will be implemented in production by DWATV and our Partner Studio(s)
• Work with the Pipeline Supervisors and TD's from Partner Studio(s) to troubleshoot issues related to DWATV processes that are being used in their production pipelines
• Perform and manage technical work in support of new and existing processes and tools being used in production at DWATV and Partner Studios
• Assist the VP, TV Animation Production with the management of pipeline related issues and concerns that come up during new show pre-builds and existing shows at Partner Studio(s)
• Responsible for managing software testing and vetting related to existing pipeline processes
• Represent DWATV at centralized global studio meetings and report back findings, questions, and concerns to the VP, TV Animation Production
• Attend regular production and CG meetings
• Must actively participate in pipeline process meetings and ensure that HUB TD's understand, maintain, and work within the proper pipeline
• Assist the CG Supervisors with providing support to all phases of the pipeline
• Create and maintain relationships with software vendors. This includes feature and bug requests.
• Interface with studio show leadership to resolve production pipeline issues and requests.
• Launch new studios
• Provide approvals for upgrading software and updating user permissions artists and production staff.
• Help evaluate Partner Studio pipelines and infrastructures
• Coordinate with TDs and Supervisors from Dreamworks Feature on any Studio wide initiatives
• Assist Animation Pipeline Leads with code reviews when necessary
• Interface with Studio infrastructure departments to assure stable underlying systems
• Collaborate with the studio technical resource team on render farm upgrades and troubleshooting
• Investigate new technologies for RnD potential
• Must remain updated on new animation production technologies and industry trends
• Meet regularly with the CG department Supervisors and Leads to receive updates and provide council
• Manage an in-house team consisting of Lead Animation Pipeline TD's and TD's specializing in CG Pipeline Tools and Production Pipeline Support.
• Check in with Animation Pipeline leads to ensure team/studio goals are being met
• Lead early morning or nightly VTC meetings with Partner Studios. This includes preparing our in-house Leads to present solutions and processes during the meeting. The Animation Pipeline Supervisor will need to review emails highlighting questions and concerns from the Partner Studios the morning of the meetings and prepare to present solutions during the meeting later that evening
• Partner with the HUB Line Producer to ensure that the team culture is one of timely feedback (with both positive praise and constructive criticism)
• Participate in writing and delivering TV Production HUB performance reviews
• May be asked to review candidate reels and resumes for open positions as well as participate in the interview process
• Represent DWATV at industry conference and events including Siggraph
â- Experience with Deadline and/or comparable render management software
â- Expertise in both Windows and Linux
â- Advanced Python, Java / HTML scripting
â- Advanced knowledge of Shotgun, Flix, Maya, Nuke, Mari, Houdini, Photoshop, Storyboard Pro, Rez, Git
â- Must be committed to providing outstanding service and support to our in-house and Partner Studio teams
â- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and works well in a fast paced environment under pressure
â- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and proven ability to manage time and meet deadlines
â- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
â- Excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
â- Travel to international Partner Studio(s) (mandatory if/when the opportunity arises)
â- Strong team player who genuinely enjoys working with and inspiring others and possesses a desire to lead
â- At least 10 or more years of experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video games
â- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite
â- Knowledge of C or C preferred
â- Advanced knowledge of VRay, Redshift, Arnold, XGen, Yeti, Unity, Unreal, Substance
â- Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
â- Knowledge of multiple mediums (2D, CG, real time, etc)
â- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field preferred, Master's degree is a plus