Dreamworks FeatureGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
DreamWorks Animation is accepting resumes for a Software Trainer in our Training Department. The individual filling this role will work to prepare new employees for entry into production, support ongoing training, and expand the knowledge base of our DreamWorks Animation Television and Feature teams.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€
• Class instruction and tutorial development for DreamWorks Animation proprietary software and 3rd Party Software.
• Mentoring new hires, including daily check-in's to ensure material comprehension and tutorials progress.
• Content development for new hire classes as well as all other employee-training classes.
• Assist DreamWorks Animation artists with their class development and crafting their class outlines.
• Assist with training program updates including developing new class topics, integrating software revision information into current classes, and program restructuring when appropriate.
• Record and edit classes for Training Department.
â€œWhat do I need to have in order to do this job?â€
• Experience in a role providing superb communication, customer service, and people skills.
• Previous professional training and video creation/editing experience.
• Experience with Autodesk Maya, using and teaching.
• Camera and screen-capture experience for recording courses.
• Knowledge of Premiere Pro for video editing.
• Photoshop and other 3rd party animation software package knowledge.
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize needs in constantly evolving schedule.
• Must have a solid understanding of animation studio proprietary software environment (or similar background)
• Windows & Linux literacy
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
â€œWhat can I offer?â€
• Scripting/programming experience preferred
• Hands-on CG production experience preferred