Real Time Previsualization Lead
Dreamworks FeatureGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2022 2:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Real Time Previsualization Lead jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Real Time Previsualization Lead postings
Full Time Job
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
The Real Time Previsualization Lead will focus primarily on early, exploratory previz in order to elevate the cinematic storytelling and the team's adaptation to new technologies particularly real time workflows. They will act as a liaison between Layout, Art, and Real Time Workflow teams and help drive the creative to find the best possible solutions for sequences before they are put into production. They will look for opportunities to develop tools and workflows that support our process for the benefit of the Layout department as a whole as well as being a creative partner.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€Creative:
• Collaborate with Head of Layout, Creative Leadership, Production and Asset departments to explore ways of elevating sequences through early previsualization.
• Act as creative lead for sequences throughout the Layout process.
• Scout Vis-Dev sets before final Modeling begins to improve creative and production needs.
• Participate in creative feedback to artists during rounds as needed.
• Partner to review materials for Director reviews and launches.
• Keep up with state of the industry toolsets and share potential new workflows.
• Work with TDs and PSW to develop real time workflows to help advance the department forward.
• Expand our Previz libraries with rigs, fx, surfacing, locations and lighting assets that streamline and improve the visual quality of our work, particularly using real time workflows.
• Identify workflow-specific training needs and develop the curriculum in partnership with the Training Department.
• Work with the Head of Layout in preparing sets for use in Previz, exploring ways of making them lightweight and efficient without losing fidelity.
• Set up initial sequence lighting with Production Designer where needed.
• Participates in cross show technology development.
• Work with the Head of Layout and Real-Time Workflow Team on advancement of Real-Time Workflow on the show, with the Layout team and at the studio.
• Work with the Head of Layout and Production Supervisor on managing sequence deadlines.
• Keep the Head of Layout informed of sequence progression artistically and technically.
• Proactively communicate with other departments and department heads and will circle back to the Head of Layout when appropriate.
• Will be involved in complex sequence related meetings.
• Represent the department when the Head of Layout is unavailable.
• Responsible, along with the Head of Layout and Production Supervisor, for encouraging a collaborative, positive work environment within the Previsualization team and across departments.
â€œWhat do I need to have in order to do this job?â€
â- Has displayed strong leadership skills on previous shows.
â- Strong communication and decision making skills, with the ability to anticipate potential issues.
â- Strong artistic, technical and visual storytelling skills.
â- Advanced knowledge of Previsualization pipeline and asset creation.
â- Solid understanding of Maya and Real-Time/Game Engine Workflows such as Unreal, Unity, etc.
â- 3 years of professional Real-Time/Game Engine Workflows such as Unreal, Unity, etc.
â- Previsualization experience.
â- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
â- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
â- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.