Dreamworks FeatureGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
The Lighter is responsible for all aspects of lighting and compositing of shots under the direction of a CG Supervisor.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
â€œWhat would you say you do here?â€
• Works closely with CG Supervisor and Lead Lighter to achieve the visual target for assigned shots and address all lighting notes.
• Optimizes shots for rendering.
• Works well with others and fosters a good working atmosphere.
• Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise.
• Responsible for taking shots to completion.
• As needed, organizes and documents any lighting tools, scripts, or processes.
• Collaborates with other departments for timely integration of elements into assigned shots.
• Manages individual shot load based on the schedule to meet deadlines.
• May help facilitate visual development. This can include working with surfacing, setting materials or shader parameters.
• Attends dailies and lighting launches as required.
• Responsible for informing CG Supervisor of any shot issues.
• Assists with interviews, as required.
• Participates in the testing of new technologies as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Art, Film, Visual Effects, Animation, Computer Graphics or other related fields and/or equivalent experience.
• Experience with lighting and rendering.
• Knowledge of cinematic principles.
• Experience with ray tracing and lighting software such as Nuke, Katana, and/or Houdini.
• Experience with compositing.
• Experience in feature animation.
• Proven track record of successful collaboration within a team.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proactive and creative problem solver.