Dreamworks FeatureGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Lighter is responsible for all aspects of lighting and compositing of shots under the direction of a CG Supervisor.
• Works closely with CG Supervisor and Lead Lighter to achieve the visual target for assigned shots and address all lighting notes.
• Optimizes shots for rendering.
• Works well within a team and fosters a good working atmosphere.
• Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise.
• Responsible for taking shots to completion.
• As needed, organizes and documents any lighting tools, scripts, or processes.
• Collaborates with other departments for timely integration of elements into assigned shots.
• Manages individual shot load based on the schedule to meet deadlines.
• May help facilitate visual development. This can include working with surfacing, setting materials or shader parameters.
• Attends dailies and lighting launches as required.
• Responsible for informing CG Supervisor of any shot issues.
• Assists with interviews, as required.
• Participates in the testing of new technologies as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Art, Film, Visual Effects, Animation, Computer Graphics or other related fields and/or equivalent experience.
• Experience with lighting and rendering.
• Knowledge of cinematic principles.
• Experience with ray tracing and lighting software such as Nuke, Katana, and/or Houdini.
• Experience with compositing.
• Experience in feature animation.
• Proven track record of successful collaboration within a team.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proactive and creative problem solver.