Character Effects Artist
Dreamworks FeatureGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Character Effects department at DreamWorks Animation is responsible for both the set up and shot simulation of cloth, fur, hair, foliage, feathers, props, and other simulations as necessary on various projects.
Our CFX artists are responsible for the shot simulation of cloth, fur, hair, foliage, feathers, props, and other simulations as necessary on various projects.
• Designs and creates character effects such as cloth and fur simulations.
• Develops generalized tools, used in Character FX, to help enhance the pipeline.
• Creates cloth and hair simulations, prop animation and animation cleanup for shot work in production.
• Creatively solve problems and achieve art direction for a shot.
• Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
• Demonstrate artistic vision and appropriately expand upon the art direction given.
• Technical Animation for shots in production
• Cloth and Fur simulations
• Deformations, procedural modeling and animation â€'
Excellent eye for motion and solid understanding of animation principles.
Strong knowledge of software such as Maya and Houdini.
Scripting proficiency in Mel and Python.
Good problem-solving abilities.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.â€'
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Upon request provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
Exposure to rigging tools and surface modeling techniques preferred.
Dynamic simulation background preferred.
Production experience preferred.