Software Engineer, Core Production Service
DreamWorks AnimationGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
DWA is seeking a mid-level hands-on Java Services Engineer to join our Core Production Services (CorPS) team. The CorPS team develops and supports a microservices-based platform that provides a foundation for asset management across the animation production pipeline. CorPS services are integrated with pipeline tools, proprietary and third-party artist-facing applications, and are instrumental in serving up data into distributed production rendering systems within the studio.
Creating and supporting microservices and libraries that manage the storage, retrieval, and indexing of asset files and related metadata
Work with development teams on API service design, service workflows, documentation, and testing
Interface with operational staff to coordinate deployments, setup monitoring tools, manage server configuration, and debug live issues
Assist clients on migration plans to adopt to the new services & tools
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience
- 3+ years of Java development experience using Java 8 or higher
- Thorough understanding of microservice-based technologies (REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with service oriented architecture concepts
- Experience with highly scalable and redundant service architectures
- Proficient with Java technologies (Maven, Eclipse/NetBeans/IntelliJ, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate)
- Ability to research and adapt new technologies quickly in a very dynamic work environment
- Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Graph databases (Neo4J, DSE Graph)
- NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis)
- Microservice container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Messaging technologies (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, ReadyAPI)
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online