DMG EntertainmentBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
DMG is a global entertainment and media company with diverse holdings across motion pictures, television, comic book publishing, music, gaming, creative management and entertainment-themed properties, as well as offering advertising, marketing and brand communications services with operations in North America and Asia. DMG Entertainment spans all areas of entertainment for global audiences including movies and television, music promotion, licensing and merchandising, cinemas, gaming and comic books. We are currently looking for a proactive Staff Accountant to join our team.
The individual will need to be well-rounded with strong mechanical and technical knowledge of accounting and working with multiple entities. The ideal candidate will be responsible for reviewing invoices, general ledger coding, journal entries, reporting, and accounts payable and receivables processing for multiple entities. The individual must be well organized, flexible, and extremely detail oriented. Candidate will also have experience in a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks.
• Primary function will be to input financial transactions into QuickBooks
• Handle critical day-to-day accounting functions, including AP & AR
• Weekly AP check runs
• Point person for collection of invoices
• Monitor office expenses
• Prepare journal entries and postings to the GL
• Maintain accurate and timely records
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports
• Perform other accounting-related analysis
• Maintaining financial records
• Assist with human resources
• Assist with office administration
• Other accounting and administrative duties assigned on an as needed basis
• 5+ years of experience in Accounting/Bookkeeping
• Strong knowledge of accounting (debits, credits, financial principles, reconciliation)
• Demonstrated proficiency in QuickBooks
• Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Outlook
• Strong understanding of accounting concepts, and financial statements
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Ability to seek out, identify, and make process improvements
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to demonstrate a positive and flexible work attitude
• Strong organizational and planning skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DMG Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DMG recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DMG may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online