Receptionist / Office Assistant
DMG EntertainmentBeverly Hills, CA
Part Time Job
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic Office Assistant / Receptionist who will ensure the smooth running of the office, make the office an amazing place to work, and take the lead on improving office space so that it maintains a pleasant working environment for all. The individual will need to be well-rounded with strong mechanical and technical knowledge as they will be assisting in the operation and maintenance of our company facilities. The ideal candidate is someone who can manage a variety of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and office responsibilities and oversight.
Candidate must be able to work under pressure efficiently and effectively, with excellent communication skills. They should possess an unwavering attention to detail, relentless in their pursuit to solve problems and accomplish all tasks, self-motivated, quick on their feet, smart, resourceful and always with a smile.
• Responsible for screening and handling incoming and outgoing calls professionally
• Greeting guests
• Ensuring the office runs smoothly through the day, ensuring excellent housekeeping of reception area, all meeting rooms and breakout spaces
• Manage and schedule meetings for staff
• Ability to provide maintenance and repair management of office and/or arranging for necessary repairs as well as upgrades and improvements
• Responsible for ordering, stocking and maintaining all stocked items in kitchen, bathrooms and common areas with care and detail
• Act as a liaison for all office IT setup and phone systems
• Performing and coordinating a broad range of our office's administrative duties--storing, organizing, and integrating information for dissemination to our staff
• Running errands and performing miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned
• Maintaining and updating contact lists, various files, records, and logs
• Manage and schedule meetings for President. This includes confirming appointments and preparing any materials prior to the meetings.
• Arrange travel for President. This includes flight, hotel, transportation and other travel requests as needed.
• Assist with office tasks and ad hoc projects as needed
This is a part-time position. The Office Assistant / Receptionist will have flexible hours in the office as needed Monday - Friday for 20-30 hours.
• A 'roll up your sleeves' attitude and comfort with multitasking in a high-pressure environment.
• Software Proficiencies: Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook)
• Ability and willingness to engage in manual labor which will include basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, climbing ladders, excessive walking and ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Reliable transportation, working cell phone
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Working knowledge of hand and power tools is a plus
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone
• Must have the ability to prioritize, organize and schedule work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Organized and detail oriented
• Flexible and able to handle multiple requests and conflicting priorities with a natural ability to prioritize tasks and report on progress
• Able to take pride and ownership of facility projects and see through completion
• Able to interact with a wide variety of personalities with ease
• Able to problem solve and quickly present solutions
• Is discreet and can protect confidential information.
• Has a positive attitude and is friendly/personable.
DMG is a global entertainment and media company with diverse holdings across motion pictures, television, comic book publishing, music, gaming, creative management and entertainment-themed properties, as well as offering advertising, marketing and brand communications services with operations in North America and Asia. DMG Entertainment spans all areas of entertainment for global audiences including movies and television, music promotion, licensing and merchandising, cinemas, gaming and comic books.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DMG Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DMG recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DMG may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online