Assistant Theatre Manager
Disney Theatrical GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2024 5:36:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Assistant Theatre Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant Theatre Manager postings
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, inclusion, collaboration and creativity. Stories shape how we see ourselves and everyone around us. As storytellers, we have the power to not only uplift and inspire, but also to champion the spectrum of voices in our world. If you want to help tell compelling, diverse and enduring stories through movies, music or live theater, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Theatrical Group seeks an Assistant Theater Manager for our New Amsterdam Theater. As the Assistant Theater Manager, you will work closely with the Senior Theater Manager to supervise all operations and provide direction to the New Amsterdam Theater staff during performances and any special events .
to include, but not limited to:
• In support of the S enior Theatre Manag er , responsible for the entire operation of the New Amsterdam Theatre including but not limited to the following :
• Oversee the daily operation of the New Amsterdam Theater staff including u shers, ticket takers, floor directors, engineering staff, matrons, porters and all cleaning person nel.
• Plan for and ensure that all personnel, facilities and materials are in complete readiness for daily operation.
• Partner with the Senior Theater Manager to manage the staffing level by ensuring appropriate staffing utilization , par staffing levels and appropriate manpower to run an efficient operation.
• Responsible for the development of theater staff: training, coaching, progressive discipline, counsel, and mentoring to increase guest & team member satisfaction.
• Accurately process weekly payroll for guest services employees, ensuring compliance with relevant Union rules for usher staff.
• Develop, conduct, and maintain new hire orientation presentation and training for all new team members.
• Manage partnership with all vendors and suppliers of hospitality services.
• Project manage the development and/or implementation of new hospitality items in partnership with Disney Parks with a focus on brand continuity.
• Partner with Disney Corporate Security to monitor the ever changing 41 st and 42 nd Street s to ensure a safe and organized Guest and Cast Member arrival and departure experience.
• In consultation with NYPD and Studio Corporate Security , responsible for theatre's evacuation in case of emergency. Maintain compliance with safety and security protocols at all times .
• Liaise with external partners, including but not limited to the New York City Mayor's office, landmarks commission, NYPD, NYFD, Times Square Alliance, The Broadway League, etc.
• In conjunction with Chief Engineer and Disney Corporate Services, responsible for budgeting, scheduling, and overseeing all repairs, improvements, and maintenance for the New Amsterdam Theatre as required by the City of New York and Empire State Development.
• Project Manage all New Amsterdam Special Events (5-6 major events per year , on average ) from initial booking through final completion, including scheduling Local One staff, House Managing the event, invoicing vendors, and creat ing a comprehensive P&L statement post event.
• Responsible for answering Guest Services inquiries and complaints promptly, effectively, and empathetically through various channels including by phone, email, and in-person .
• Create detail ed reports on each performance , including House Reports and Incident/Accident Reports .
• Manage and record all Floor Director Reports .
• Process benefit payments to Local 306 and Local 751.
• Oversee and manage all special dignitary visits and backstage tours .
• Oversee uniforms for staff and project manage all necessary uniform design updates, keeping in mind both the Disney Brand and the distinct design of the New Amsterdam Theatre.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of proven management experience working in large venue operations
• Candidates must have proven management skill in supervising a union theatre staff. Including hiring and training of new staff as well as progressive discipline and evaluation for promotions.
• Experience in people management, planning, fostering teamwork and providing feedback is imperative for this role .
• Detail oriented with excellent communication, organization and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent ability to manage with a leveled and confident approach at all times.
• All Applicants must be able to work a fluctuating schedule which will include nights, weekends, and holidays; and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
• Experience in the theater and/or the entertainment industry preferred.
• Passion for historic theatre preservation and NYC history a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, theater, history, or business administration also a plus
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
The below should be included under the About Disney Theatrical Group section.
DISNEY THEATRICAL GROUP (DTG) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world's most successful commercial theatre producers, bringing live entertainment events to a global audience of more than 20 million people a year in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice's Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, Aladdin, and Frozen. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney's High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTG has collaborated with the nation's preeminent theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Freaky Friday and Hercules. As a part of the recent acquisition of 21 st Century Fox, DTP also heads the Buena Vista Theatrical banner which licenses Fox titles for stage adaptations including Anastasia; Moulin Rouge! The Musical; Mrs. Doubtfire and The Devil Wears Prada.
Disney Theatrical Group also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTG licenses musical titles for