Senior Production Accountant
Disney Television AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Production Accountant, Disney Channels Worldwide and Freeform
Welcome to Disney Channels Worldwide and Freeform - where imagination meets innovation! We're home to Freeform, Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior which encompass many of the hottest, hippest shows on television. Disney Channel alone has produced some of the biggest hits on television today, including the phenomenal High School Musical franchise and the hit series, Bunk'd and Stuck in the Middle. Whatever the show, our job is always about creating exciting entertainment!
Walt Disney Television Studios manages Fox 21 Television Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Studios, Nat Geo, FX, Radio Disney, and Freeform as well as the company's equity interests in Lifetime, A&E and The History Channel.
Disney Channels Worldwide and Freeform Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW's, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney departments on a daily basis.
• Produce periodic production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
• Process SAP journals and manage overhead accounts.
• Provide financial support to Production Executives.
• Ensure payments are correctly recorded in SAP, ensure discrepancies are resolved.
• Ensure that production cost information is properly reflected on internal files.
• Coordinate monthly non-current production cost meetings in order to review outstanding items for productions.
• Manage internal Scenechronize hub.
• Develop an understanding with all production accounting policies and procedures.
• Perform show reconciliations/closings and year end 1099 processing.
• Process and track all overall deal payments.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
• Oversee post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
• Oversee show boxes with Records Management.
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, Movie Magic, and Smart Accounting/GV.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree is required.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.