Senior Media Engineer
Disney Television AnimationGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Disney Television Animation's production pipeline is comprised of high end digital and post production computer based Audio/Video tools and solutions, we call this our media engineering environment. The Senior Media Engineer (SME) is responsible for maintaining operational excellence of our media engineering environment.
The Senior Media Engineer position:
• Leads Media Engineering project slate.
• Researches and Designs Professional Audio/Video production solutions
• Creates schematics and diagrams to support: projects, workflows, Audio/Video routing and solution designs.
• Finalizes media engineering architectural diagrams.
• Oversees implementation of color calibration standards.
• Directly supports and/or coordinates contracted maintenance/support for all production Media Technology / Audio/Video equipment including:
• High speed, high definition Digital Disk Recorders
• Scientifically accurate reference light and color measurement equipment
• Professional and Broadcast grade video displays
• Media and environment automation systems
• Mobile Audio/Video Utility carts
• Digital Viewing, Screening, Recording and Mix Rooms
• Digital Mastering Lab
• Non-linear Audio/Video editing systems based on:
• Avid Media Composer, Avid ISIS Media Server and Avid Interplay
• Avid Pro Tools
• Adobe Premiere
• Lighting configurations for color critical locations
• Functionality for Conference room and Production Bullpen locations to support creative needs of production crews: pitch session and core animation production Audio/Video requirement needs
• Photo epileptic analytic screening systems
• Production Video Conferencing equipment to support 30fps and interactivity with partnering studios
• IP and non-IP based Video Network and signal routing Systems (example: HD-SDI over fiber)
• Legacy Video Tape Recorders
• Miscellaneous Audio/Video production equipment
• Maintain Audio/Video inventory locations per department policy.
• Leads (from a media perspective) researching, updating and maintaining our color calibration standards that are used in our color corrected production environment and in the creation, QA and mastering of our production projects.
• Performs color calibration processes on production equipment to ensure color accuracy.
• Performs new technology evaluation research as needed to solve production workflow problems, keep media engineering environment modernized and in line with industry standards.
• Leads production of internal artistic communication content as needed.
• Manages Audio/Video repair and maintenance vendors.
• Produces reports as needed.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with Apple OSX or Microsoft Windows based computers systems in a production environment.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with computer graphics / media applications.
• 10 to 15 years of experience working with Audio/Video editing, composing and production applications.
• 10 to 15 years in supporting computer based Audio/Video production workflows.
• Crestron developer skills a plus.
• Experienced with analog and digital audio and video interconnecting standards.
• Experienced with audio and video codecs, compression and file format standards.
• Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
• Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
• Must be efficient, well organized, detailed oriented and have good follow through skills.
• Ability to work on multiple open items simultaneously.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation's strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.