Senior Manager, Production Finance
Disney Television AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Disney Branded Television / Freeform Production Finance- where imagination meets innovation! We're home to Disney , Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior and Freeform which encompass many of the hottest, hippest shows on television. Disney Channel alone has produced some of the biggest hits on television today, including the phenomenal Zombies Movie franchise and the hit series, Bunk'd and Phineas and Ferb. Whatever the show, our job is always about creating exciting entertainment!
Disney Branded Television / Freeform Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW's, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney Television departments on a daily basis.
• Responsible for the financial management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming
• Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence
• Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution
• Provide financial support to Production Executives
• Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures
• Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants
• Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger
• Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration
• Coordination of Affordable Care Act for eligible production employees
• Plan and perform production cost verification and operational audits
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Minimum 5 years experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL, Movie Magic, and GV/Smart Accounting.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree is required
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.