Director, Production Finance
Disney Television AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Production Finance jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Production Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Production Finance? Job Summary:
Welcome to Disney Branded Television / Freeform - where imagination meets innovation! We're home to Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior and Freeform which encompass many of the hottest, hippest shows on television. Disney Channel alone has produced some of the biggest hits on television today, including the phenomenal Teen Beach Movie franchise and the hit series, Girl Meets World and Phineas and Ferb. Whatever the show, our job is always about creating exciting entertainment!
Disney Branded Television / Freeform Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW's, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney Television departments on a daily basis.
• Managing a staff of 4-5 employees
• Responsible for working with the department Vice President in implementing department procedures and workflows
• Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
• Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
• Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
• Provide financial support to Production Executives.
• Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants.
• Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
• Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Minimum 5 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Terrific outgoing interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, Movie Magic, and Vista/GV.
• Strong written skills.
• Bachelor's degree is required
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.