Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner
Disney StreamingNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner will execute on Human Resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the Disney Streaming Services growing business team. The Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner will lead and facilitate HR programs and strategies through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups, and other key business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will serve as on the ground and strategic HR support to business leaders on all matters relating to talent, including organizational and leader effectiveness, organizational design, headcount management and support, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
How You'll Bring the Magic to Life:
• Leverage partnerships and business acumen to enable the creation and implementation of strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
• Immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and clients on all levels
• Foster leadership success as a proactive thought partner anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change management
• Leverage business data, metrics and external market insights to inform decisions
• Implement employee engagement strategies to foster an environment based on respect and values
• Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives
• Coach and consult on organizational design and management issues, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes
• Streamline and implement new, large-scale structures and/or processes to create speed, efficiency and agility within the organization
• Lead change management efforts around culture and process evolution
• Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
• Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of Human Resources programs
• Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
What We're Looking For:
• Possess 5 years of human resources experience
• Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
• Ability to work independently and think strategically while navigating through complex matrix environments
• Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
• Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
• Change Champion
• A personal affinity to the Disney brand
• Someone who is flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
• Open, transparent communication and collaboration styles
• Inclusive management style
• A motivator who likes to have fun
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Master's Degree
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN premium sports streaming service; Disney , the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world's most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.