Senior Compensation Analyst
Disney StreamingNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Compensation Analyst (PH)
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The Compensation department leads the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support our domestic and international clients. This includes designing base salary & incentive plans and alternative rewards programs that are consistent with market conditions, internal equity, a pay for performance philosophy and the company's business and HR priorities and strategies.
As part of the Direct to Consumer and International (DTCI) Compensation team, the Sr. Compensation Analyst assists in the implementation and administration of compensation programs such as salaries, short and long-term incentives, job evaluations, and salary surveys that support the company's business strategy. The Sr. Compensation Analyst also collaborates with compensation peers in each of the business segments on the implementation of centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation support for functional organizations that span across all business segments.
• Provide day to day client group support of compensation needs coordinating closely with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders
• Actively participate in the successfully implementation and management of regular compensation activities including annual compensation planning cycle, promotion review periods, salary survey participation, etc
• Review and approve employment offers – consulting with TA, HRBP and business leaders
• Conducting compensation benchmark assessments, actively seeking market intelligence and industry specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
• Evaluate, level and determine appropriate market value for new and existing jobs
• Collaborate with HR business partners and assigned clients in the creation of consistent job families
• Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects
• Participate in the migration of positions onto a common salary range structure
• Strong understanding of compensation practices and trends, with emphasis on technology roles
• Demonstrated experience in supporting the day to day compensation needs of a large, varied client group
• Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations based on compensation principles and philosophy
• Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
• Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders
• Exceptional quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy and details
• Advanced Excel knowledge; SAP, Success Factors, Workday, Cognos and Access experience a plus
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple assignments
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a flexible, often ambiguous environment
• Experience supporting technology organization preferred
• Bachelor's degree - Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, or Business degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney , the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney , oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.