Manager, HR Business Partner
Disney StreamingBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The HR Business Partner Manager is responsible for implementing HR strategies that will attract, develop and retain the breadth of talent required to drive business success while optimizing the overall employee experience. In this role, the HRBP is responsible for delivering integrated and inclusive HR services such as people strategy development, client relationship management, organization effectiveness, employee engagement, talent and performance management, and functional HR integration.
This position requires an individual that can assess business situations and then implement the appropriate people strategy solutions. Anticipating trends, making pro-active recommendations and advocating workforce diversity and workplace inclusion are critical components to the role. The HRBP works closely with HR functional partners to drive, integrate and implement HR strategies that enable the business.
• Implement integrated people strategies that addresses all areas of HR, such as talent and retention, organization effectiveness, performance management, career development, leadership development, employee engagement, comp planning, etc.
• Act as point person and ''one stop shop'' for HR client needs
• Deeply understand the business and provide practical, relevant HR solutions
• Partner with functional HR as well as HR Centers of Excellence (COE) on human resource solutions
• Provide expert advice and counsel to leaders on all organization and human resources issues
• Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to leaders to drive high performance teams and an engaged workforce
• Develop and implement appropriate change management plans as required by the business
• Ensure that the high standards of excellence of the company are reflected in the work environment and culture
• Minimum 3 years of HR experience
• Strong consulting, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
• Practical, action-oriented mind-set
• Team player who quickly builds trust and working relationships
• Ability to manage simultaneous priorities
• Resiliency to working in the ''grey''
• BA/BS degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial/Org Psychology, Organization Development, Business Administration or related field
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.