Manager, Employee Relations
Disney StreamingBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/15/2020 10:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Manager, Employee Relations jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Employee Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Employee Relations? Manager, Employee Relations (PH)
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, interactive experiences and products, and media networks. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our talented team at an unprecedented time of innovation, growth, and excitement as part of the newly formed Direct-to-Consumer and International (''DTCI'') segment, positioned to be an industry leader as a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for worldclass content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups. This newly formed segment is the most exciting place to be at the Company!
This key role is responsible for assisting the DTCI Employee Relations team with the establishment and management of employee relations activities according to established guidelines and Employee Relations best practices. The Manager of Employee Relations will support this new DTCI segment by assisting in building the ER function for the new DTCI segment and will also provide clients with ER expertise and services, including conducting investigations, advising on ER issues, interpreting policies and practices, and responding to Administrative Agency and Guideline complaints. This role requires a sophisticated and innovative ER professional, who is a self-starter, with strong writing, analytical and problem solving skills, and highly-skilled at managing investigations.
• Strong issue spotting and analytical skills to enable intake of ER issues and cases.
• Respond to employee concerns and complaints that violate Company policies by supporting the investigative team in conducting timely internal investigations independently or in conjunction with ER supervisors and HR Business Partners. Prepare written documentation of investigative findings and report out to stakeholders.
• Respond to Administrative Agency requests and charges.
• Support the performance management process by providing general consultation, preparation of written warnings, performance improvement plans, coaching, key messaging and other related documents.
• Act as a proactive consultant to the business by implementing strategies that include best practices through collaboration with Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP), Legal, Labor Relations, Security, Management Audit and Advisory and Assurance and other partners.
• Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with HR Business Partners and Legal to work through the established process and assist with compiling documentation and summaries for senior management review.
• Research and respond to HR Business Partners and employee inquiries regarding complex leave of absence scenarios (ability to analyze FMLA and other state leave laws).
• Oversee efforts to work with applicable partners and employees to support the medical accommodation process through coaching, documentation and applicable follow up.
• Partner with Learning & Development to enhance ER related training for managers/leaders and to provide key learning updates for HRBPs.
• Assist with upkeep of ER database.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize key insights gleaned from ER data and analytics.
• Strong ability to build relationships and partnerships to help establish ER department presence.
• Oversee and facilitate in-person in-house compliance, and other ER-related trainings.
• Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience, or 4 years in Employee Relations, or 3 years in legal practice required.
• In depth understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA & FMLA
• The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills.
• Demonstrated consultative, credibility assessment and investigative skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills.
• Bachelor's degree required with emphasis in Human Resources or Psychology preferred
• JD strongly preferred.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney , the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney , oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.