Disney StreamingBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-To-Consumer & International (DTCI) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN , Disney and Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) Compensation team, the Manager, Compensation will bring significant expertise in the development of compensation programs that attract and retain employees across multiple functional areas and disciplines in a competitive landscape. They will provide guidance to assigned internal clients and collaborate with HR partners in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support and drive the company's business strategy. The Manager, Compensation also collaborates with compensation peers across the Company's business segments on the implementation of centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation support for functional organizations that span across all business segments.
This Manager, Compensation will primarily be responsible for supporting multiple, diverse business areas to include across DTCI.
• Partner with Compensation leadership to constantly challenge existing processes and tools, ensuring ongoing process and product improvement across the DTCI Compensation Function
• Consult directly with HR Business Partners and DTCI senior leadership groups to ensure compensation programs are aligned and relevant to both the market and business conditions, while also integrated with key business and HR strategies
• Partner with HR and Business leaders to understand the strategies of the businesses supported, the market challenges, and talent needs to support the long term growth of the business
• Actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to: obtain in-depth understanding of the market and industry-specific compensation trends for functional roles and inform and recommend solutions to ensure compensation programs are industry aligned and best in class
• Effectively partner with segment and enterprise compensation teams on the implementation and support of functional comp within all business segments
• Create and maintain job families, structures and hiring ranges across all teams supported
• Partner with Enterprise Compensation to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation programs for functional roles
• Provide recruiters the visibility, tools, resources and support needed to provide timely and competitive offer packages
• Provide guidance to HR business partners, recruiters and managers regarding DTCI's compensation philosophy and application of compensation programs; this includes the design and implementation of effective education strategies for use with clients
• Participate in cross-company initiatives and programs
• Manage the annual merit, bonus and long-term incentive planning process and communication for assigned clients
• Collaborate with stakeholders/partners to continually improve processes, both compensation-specific and broader HR; drive for continued improvement in efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
• Manage 1-2 permanent and contract compensation professional(s); coach team with regard to development to ensure they are up-to-date on compensation trends, are knowledgeable of happenings in their assigned industries, and attain necessary skills to lift their performance
• 8 years of compensation experience with 2-3 managing people
• Work experience with a large corporate employer, leading consulting firm and/or emerging technology roles strongly preferred
• A natural sense of curiosity
• Effective consulting skills and a business-oriented mindset
• A robust knowledge of compensation program concepts and practices
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
• Strong sense of teamwork, conflict resolution skills and relationship builder
• Strong Executive Presence
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
• Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders from various disciplines (e.g., finance, legal, operations)
• Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; SAP, Success Factors, Cognos and Access experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree required
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney , the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney , oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.