Sr. Manager, Employee Relations
Disney Parks &Amp; ResortsAnaheim, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Employee Relations role is responsible for the following:
• Leading a team of ER professionals, while supporting the creation and implementation of company-wide strategies to enable decisions that are consistent with company policies, values & culture. This frequently involves partnering closely with other human resources functional partners (e.g. HR Business Partners, Diversity & Inclusion, Labor Relations, Compensation, etc.), as well as Legal, Security, Public Affairs, Management Audit, Advisory & Assurance, and Risk Management. Additionally, in some instances, a Sr. Manager may be required to interface with state and federal administrative agencies as needed.
• Enhancing the employee experience by engaging with employees and leaders at critical moments in the life cycle of the employment relationship. This includes core services such as onboarding, development, critical life moments, investigations, direct relationships (positive employee engagement), accommodations, crisis management, performance management, and departures/transitions.
• Integrating key partners across The Walt Disney Company to drive solutions that promote employee engagement and business results.
This position is part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Human Resources/Diversity & Inclusion (HR/DI) organization and is based in Anaheim and will report to the Director, Employee Relations.
• Provide day-to-day leadership to ER professionals and serve as a primary point of contact for assigned clients and lines of businesses.
• Proactively identify, develop, implement, and sustain integrated ER-related strategies or solutions.
• Engage with employees and leadership across the DPEP organization to enable business strategies, conduct ER related assessments and investigations, and discuss continuous improvement opportunities to foster a positive employee experience.
• Collaborate with other HR/DI functional team members through a consultative approach to help assess organization effectiveness and develop and implement integrated HR/DI action plans.
• Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
• Foster an environment of inclusion and reinforce a positive employee experience during the investigative process.
• Conduct timely, objective, and thorough internal investigations including but not limited to allegations of harassment, discrimination, accommodation, and retaliation and prepare all required documentation.
• Maintain detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents into the case management system.
• Produce written material in a logical and comprehensive manner for internal and external audiences.
• Initiate a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying and analyzing ER data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification.
• Share findings with key partners in order to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies, helping to advance the deliverables and priorities of the company.
• Collaborate and partner closely with Labor Relations, HR Business Partners, Diversity & Inclusion, and other HR/DI functional teams in order to advance the work.
• Interact and work with team members outside of the HR/DI organization to include Legal, Security, Public Affairs, Management Audit, Advisory & Assurance, and Risk Management.
• Interface with state and federal administrative agencies as needed.
• Facilitate the interactive process with Cast seeking a reasonable accommodation in partnership with leadership and other support resources.
• Deliver relevant business solutions, tools, and resources to support and positively shape the employee experience.
• Lead project work to include thought partnership, training, research, and other contributions that support the business.
• Serve as a role model, demonstrating the value proposition for diversity and inclusion and advocating the company's culture and heritage.
• Engage with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company to assist with advancing case work and other ER initiatives as needed/directed.
• In-depth knowledge of employee relations, complex workplace investigations, federal and state laws / regulations.
• Demonstrated leadership experience to include proven exceptional leadership qualities: strategic thinker with an orientation for action and results, creative, responsible, able to plan and execute effectively.
• Ability to transition between strategy and day-to-day operations while leveraging capability and capacity of the team.
• Conduct workplace investigations in complex situations, demonstrating effective listening, probing, and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data, identify root cause problems, and recommend actions to resolve.
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize work independently and the discernment to escalate issues appropriately.
• Superior ability to demonstrate consultative and credibility assessment skills and comfort in expressing rationale supporting said assessment.
• Ability to champion change and advance new initiatives that align with business strategy.
• Demonstrate professional excellence by appropriately influencing, challenging status quo assumptions, and demonstrating initiative and inclusion.
• Ability to handle high-sensitive and confidential situations with objectivity, candor, and confidence.
• Ability to engage in building strong, inclusive, collaborative, and healthy working relationships to integrate ER work into other scopes.
• Demonstrates ''command'' with all levels of audiences and approaches work in a positive & constructive manner.
• Highly collaborative, confident, and comfortable interacting and communicating with and within all levels of the organization.
• Strong influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
• Superior consultative skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.) with proven track record of integrating the partners to accomplish objectives.
• Superior ability to facilitate difficult or courageous conversations, contract work, and role clarity.
• Strategic thinker, with demonstrated experience translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills to include developing and presenting presentations for senior-level leader audiences.
• Demonstrated experience with facilitation and delivering training.
• Exceptional analytical, reporting, and presentation skills are required; must be able to confidently make recommendations for improved employee relations and business results based on data and root cause analysis.
• Detail-oriented with an unwavering commitment to pursue relevant and accurate information. Superior time-management and organization skills.
• Excellent planning and organization skills as demonstrated through detailed and specific project plans and project management tools. Proven ability t