Disney Media & Entertainment DistributionSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Producer, National Geographic Channels
National Geographic Channels are home to the most informative and educational programming on television, encompassing a range of disciplines such as nature, history, science, engineering, culture, people, and places. In partnership with the National Geographic Society-one of the largest scientific and education institutions in the world-National Geographic Channels take viewers on breathtaking adventures across the globe, championing preservation efforts and inspiring the explorer in each of us.
This position creates on-air promotional spots for programming content, marketing events and channels sales reels. The incumbent must fully understand the channel's demographic group and audience viewing habits and rating performances. Work with programmers, Traffic & Presentation and creative teammates and do relevant research & analysis to figure out what's the best creative language to promote the content. The ideal candidate appreciates teamwork, discuss and brainstorm the concept together and give constructive feedback.
• Produce and edit on-air promos, write and update scripts, collaborate on design, prepare GFX references and supervise audio post including directing the VO artist for all National Geographic channels
• Present promo concepts to Executive Producer, Channel Head, Programmers, T&P and Creative colleagues
• Export and version promo spots in different languages for affiliates and regional offices
• QC all versions of the completed promo with T&P, programmers and seniors to ensure all information are correct
• Handle a whole promotion campaign and work closely with the T&P, programmers and teammates
• Suggest promotional ideas beyond on air level i.e. digital media, PR/marketing activities
• Minimum 5 years of production experience
• Excellent script-writing skills
• Excellent knowledge of editing software (Premiere Pro)
• Familiar with After Effects and able to create simple GFX from template
• Design Experience
• Good time management and organizational skills are essential with the ability to prioritize, respond quickly and accurately under strict deadlines and work on simultaneous projects at once
• Experienced in using MS Office (Word, Excel) and other basic desktop applications
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.