Senior Vice President, Scripted Series
Disney Entertainment TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2024 10:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Vice President, Scripted Series jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Vice President, Scripted Series postings
Full Time Job
Senior Vice President, Scripted Series (Onyx Collective)
Onyx Collective is seeking a qualified candidate for an SVP, Scripted Series role to oversee the development of scripted series (comedy and drama), and to lead a team of creative execs and manage the department's day-to-day operations. Additionally, the SVP will identify and develop ideas/concepts for scripted series and creatively supervise production of scripted series pilots.
• Collaborate with the President, Onyx Collective and other senior leaders on the creative strategy to grow unique, compelling, and brand-appropriate scripted content.
• Lead a development team to achieve their creative potential, to drive innovation and to ensure the highest quality programming to meet business objectives
• Self-generate, solicit, evaluate and develop ideas/concepts to make into scripted series.
• From a creative standpoint, oversee production of pilots to ensure the integrity of the creative vision.
• Develop and maintain relationships with established talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, playwrights), identify up-and-coming talent, and actively pursue business with these groups.
• Provide ongoing guidance on key casting decisions.
• Mentor the creative team at all levels on the creative process, support them in the development of their skills and provide insight on achieving their career goals
• Partner with the key departments across Disney Entertainment Television on series launches and general programming needs.
• Closely partner with other departments on various issues (Business Affairs, Production, PR, Marketing, etc.).
• Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
• A track record leading an organization of similar scope and scale that develops/produces commercially and critically successful programming.
• History of identifying and successfully implementing creative, programming and brand-enhancing initiatives.
• Strategic and creative minded executive with a demonstrated track record of developing scripted series.
• Effective and inspiring manager with a sophisticated understanding of complex, matrixed organizations and a history of fostering positive, productive work environments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process.
• Deep understanding of the Onyx brand and audience
• Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, writers, producers, etc.
• Outstanding executive presence and ability to gain respect and rapport with the creative industry, Onyx executive teams, all levels of employees and the community at large.
• Self-motivated to develop new ideas.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Exceptional values including impeccable personal and business ethics.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $297,800 to $409,500 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.