Senior Manager, Graphics & Weather ABC News
Disney Entertainment TelevisionNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2024 11:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Senior Manager, Graphics & Weather ABC News jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Manager, Graphics & Weather ABC News postings
Full Time Job
ABC News is looking for a self-starting individual with a breadth of knowledge in graphics technologies, and strong organizational skills to be part of our team. We are a dynamic and creative organization! The person in this role will work closely with the Executive Director of Graphics and Weather Operations.
Do you enjoy problem solving and helping people work efficiently? We are looking for a Senior Manager that can drive Success in the ultimate fast-paced environment!
• Work with Executive Director on overall strategy for day-to-day operations of the Graphics Department- including clients Good Morning America, World News Tonight, 20/20, Nightline, The View and the ABCNews Live streaming service.
• Work with operations and technical staff on planning and execution of large-scale news productions such as election nights. Participate in planning and transition to a new workspace.
• Collaborate with engineering, systems support and operations partners on implementation of latest technology and workflows.
• Develop and communicate workflow standards for artists, production assistants, meteorologists and production personnel.
• Be a champion of change.
• Create and maintain ABC News graphics department workflow documentation for Adobe, Viz, Ross XPression and other technologies.
• Manage storage in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Work jointly with operations scheduling to build training initiatives for staff and test new workflows.
• Recruit and evaluate new talent.
• Assist in management of a mixed staff of Union and Non-Union employees.
• Minimum 7 years working in broadcast or streaming media.
• Candidate must understand the Adobe Suite, and either Vizrt or Ross Xpression Real Time Graphics systems including automated control room workflows and template driven graphics. They should understand how these technologies are applied in a News and Documentary environment.
• Must have demonstrated experience managing projects with technical and editorial teams to deliver a product, technology transition or event.
• Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends if needed.
• Must have strong organizational skills, be able to meet deadlines, detailed and work well under pressure.
• Prior experience managing or working with a union population
• Understanding of how graphics technologies are applied in data driven circumstances such as election results. Familiarity with data testing process.
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three U.S. bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $128,904-$172,920 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.