Senior Manager, Compensation
Disney Entertainment TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2023 10:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Senior Manager, Compensation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Compensation postings
Full Time Job
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Compensation with the Disney Entertainment Television Compensation team. This role will be part of a team that manages both broad-based and executive compensation for a dynamic business focused on creating compelling, cutting-edge television content.
The Senior Manager, Compensation serves as an expert compensation consultant and takes a strategic approach to leading the compensation strategy and initiatives for internal clients. The Senior Manager also leads large-scale compensation projects and initiatives such as pay equity, pay transparency, compensation philosophy training and harmonization of roles/levels/salary grades. The Senior Manager must be able to build strong and trusting relationships with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Partners and business leaders and be a thoughtful and trusted Compensation Partner.
• Lead Compensation Partner for multiple client groups and independently manage client relationships.
• Provide expert level compensation advice and guidance to HR Business Partners, TA Partners, and senior business leaders by applying expertise to solve complex compensation challenges that meet business needs.
• Drive strategic compensation initiatives and approach compensation solutions with a commitment to pay equity.
• Champion change in compensation philosophies and practices that support pay transparency and pay equity.
• Educate leaders and employees on Disney's pay programs and philosophies.
• Directly or indirectly lead, mentor, and develop compensation team members.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent consultative and relationship management skills with ability to influence change in complex situations.
• Proven ability to work directly with all organizational levels including senior leaders.
• Proven ability to make thoughtful decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous experience managing multiple client groups and ability to balance priorities in a fast-paced and high-volume, complex environment.
• Exhibits a positive, can-do attitude.
• Substantial problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills; strong use of judgment to identify and anticipate issues, client needs and establish appropriate plans to resolve issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise.
• Self-starter, acts independently and recognizes when to involve additional partners and decision makers.
• Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
• 8+ years progressively responsible experience in Compensation.
• People management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or similar discipline.
• Advanced MS Excel skills required.
• Proven ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
• Experience with HR systems (Workday).
• Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment.
• MBA or master's degree in a business-related field.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $156,000.00-$199,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.