Disney Direct To ConsumerCharlotte, NC
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2024 1:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Technical Director jobs in Charlotte-NC
Search all Technical Director postings
Full Time Job
The Technical Director must be proficient in preparing and switching video elements during live and pre-recorded productions in control room environments. Work is done while ensuring all content meets ESPN's high standards of quality and will be performed in a fast-paced environment for a wide variety of studio shows and events.
• Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role
• Operates all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas
• Builds and maintains effects for various productions, providing associated communication and documentation to the entire Technical Directing team
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of plant signal flow/routing
• Measures video signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations
• Participates in special event coverage and projects as necessary
• May train others in operational areas and if so, required to generate training documentation.
• File reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status, and personal development at the request of management.
• Participate in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Any other duties needed to help achieve business objectives
• Minimum of 2 years practical Content Production or related experience at the regional to large market or network level.
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives including the ability to work nights and weekends.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
• Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
• Seeks out information in regard to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
• Demonstrable Knowledge of Broadcast Communications Equipment
• Understanding of Remote Event Workflows and Terminology
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to our partners
• Regional – National Level Live Event Experience
• Demonstrable Grass Valley Switcher and Automation Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
(i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)