Senior Manager, Dtc Content Fulfilment
Disney Direct To ConsumerLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2023 9:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Senior Manager, Dtc Content Fulfilment jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Manager, Dtc Content Fulfilment postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Direct To Consumer (DTC) Operations, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the DTC Ops team (EMEA) and the supply pipeline from research, asset preparation and packaging of all digital assets to fulfill the company's Direct to Consumer Services content delivery needs, primarily for episodic content on Disney+. They will interact with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Burbank DO, EMEA programming, vendors and other members of the Distribution Ops team.
As well as being expected to drive change and workflow improvements (i.e. through the use of metrics) they will also work closely with the VP of Distribution Operations in order to identify and lead ongoing process improvement projects across both DTC and, if necessary, the wider Distribution Ops team.
This person and their team operate in a highly complex, often high-pressured environment. The proven ability to operate effectively under pressure is paramount.
Areas of Accountability
Key elements and required results of the role
• Oversees a team to ensure completion of assets (mastering, audio, video, subtitling, access services and metadata) of content in line within agreed deadlines and to agreed technical standards and costs (SLAs) while ensuring creative consistency.
• Works closely with DTC Asset Fulfilment team in Burbank to ensure that assets are delivered in good time for DSS delivery deadlines and that rejected content is identified and addressed promptly.
• Manages and analyses high volumes of data (asset research, programming lists, delivery schedules) to create detailed and accurate project plans and metrics.
• Building close and effective working relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure that content is delivered to the highest quality in the appropriate timeline.
• Develops a strong rapport across the business to ensure good visibility, and collaboration.
• Designs and reviews workflows to ensure that business objectives are met and new technical opportunities are adopted.
• Contributes to negotiations and planning for specific projects providing technical expertise, cost information, contract specifications and project timelines.
• Coaches and develops direct reports to build a high performing team.
• The Senior Manager will be expected to build relationships with the General Managers/COOs of vendor partners and to hold these businesses and individuals to account, eg: ensure they implement appropriate corrective actions plans, personnel changes, process changes as required. With multiple stakeholders it is not always clear what the underlying issue is so the SM must be able to cut through the issue and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
• The SM also needs to decide on the most appropriate vendor strategy based on performance, cost, capacity, people and expertise.
• Team management: define roles and responsibilities (minimise overlap and/or duplication), identify the best people, create the most efficient structure, resource planning.
• Build partnerships with key senior stakeholders across the business, including the regional and global Disney+/Star teams as well as the regional and global Ops teams where necessary. Ensure we are in a good position to influence these partners as and when required.
• Identify and assign team projects, create ancillary deliverables.
• Represent Disney at relevant Industry events.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• Experience in high volume distribution transactions in complex business environments, across multiple markets.
• Experience managing a team is essential.
• Experience in refining strategic direction of a business would be an advantage.
• Vendor management and contract negotiation.
• Significant experience at dealing with and managing multiple internal and external stakeholders across a global remit at a senior level.
• Refine and articulate consistent and clear strategies.
• Identify key business opportunities and challenges.
• Stay current on business issues, industry trends and technology advances.
• Establishes critical external alliances.
• Engages colleagues across the organization to optimise performance.
• Manages the needs of diverse stakeholders.
• Facilitates win-win situations.
• Resolves conflicts effectively.
• Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles
Inspires Creativity and Innovation
• Creates an environment that encourages creative thinking and supports risk taking.
• Takes risks and manages them intelligently.
• Facilitates the exchange of ideas and creation of new ones.
• Transfers ideas and successes across boundaries.
• Challenges the status quo.
• Conceives creative ideas to solve problems or meet objectives.
• Obtains full engagement through inspiring communications.
• Provides appropriate rationale and context to drive commitment.
• Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans.
• Invites diverse points of view.
• Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding.
• Conveys relevant information in a candid and timely manner
• Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives, and action plans.
• Manages projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes.
• Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards.
• Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve.
• Keeps commitments.
Exhibits Professional Excellence
• Pursues excellence with integrity, passion and courage.
• Sets a good example for others.
• Learns from personal and organizational experiences.
• Strives for self-improvement.
• Maintains composure under pressure.
• Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers.
• Treats others with respect
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.