Master Control Operator
Disney Direct To ConsumerBristol, CT
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2023 3:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Search for Master Control Operator jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Master Control Operator postings
Full Time Job
Master Control Operator (Network Origination Oper I)
Location: Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States
On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming our media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to enhance flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working here:
• Building the future of Disney's media: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power our media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and implement groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
Content Operations is ultimately responsible for successfully delivering entertainment and sports content to millions of people every day. This involves developing, operating, and leading a global content supply chain – the myriad of steps involved from taking a finalized TV show/movie, or live piece of content, from inside Disney to audiences around the globe, in their preferred language and format. This team also leads technology operations in Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The Network Origination Operator I will make use of acquired skills to operate broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas to distribute live and pre-recorded programming and commercials as scheduled. The Network Origination Operator I will understand & complete these items and more, including but not limited to: protocols for live programs, commercial and program log documentation, regional feeds and market protection procedures, intercom communication procedures, media transfers for specific operating conditions and any required documentation.
Our ideal candidate must be flexible with their schedule as this is a 24/7 operation and should expect to work nights, holidays and weekends. The ability to perform the job at hand under a tight deadline while demonstrating solid interpersonal communication skills is a must. Other skills must include: organizational and planning, being able to adapt to a constantly changing environment, strong communication and a solid computer background with programs such as Outlook and Excel.
of the Role
• Network operation for individual recorded and/or live shows and events, content and commercial segments, in response to the changing creative and master control operational requirements of Disney network(s)
• Solid knowledge and application of network control standards & information along with operating systems. Will conduct quality control measuring and take corrective action steps to enhance audio/video in support of applicable Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution standard operating procedures
• Understanding of workflows of other Disney business units and partners, including their impact and/or specific integration with Network and Production Operations.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication with those business units to best convey the information vital for the distribution of our content
• Apply proven skill level when interpreting and understanding sophisticated information and demonstrate the ability to communicate it to others in an understandable manner
• Provide support for Disney domestic linear networks, International networks and digital platforms
• Participate in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self/career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation
• Embrace new technology and workflows
• Encouraged to identify problems and take appropriate steps to resolve
• Comply fully with company and/or departmental standard operating procedures.
• Demonstrate sound communication with timely follow-up analysis or problem solving with regard to operational areas or systems
• Encouraged to interact efficiently with counterparts in all Disney Network Origination facilities and closely related support departments
• Communicate regularly with direct supervisor in compliance with departmental guidelines
• Provide quality service in assigned area to all customers, as defined and assigned by management
• As vital, participate in team based projects and give recommendations for the departmental objectives
• A minimum of 2 years practical Master Control, Network Origination or related experience at the large market or network level
• Ability to work in a 24/7 operations
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
• Must perform deadline driven tasks, work independently and lead simultaneous projects
• Work in a team dynamic environment
• Confirmed interpersonal communication skills
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly evolving environment
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and strong communication skills
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Knowledge of all distribution equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; server based recording/playback systems, master control automation and related software
• Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, digital media, journalism or related field
• Vocational School Certification
• Related master control experience