VP - Business Affairs, Worldwide
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
DISNEY CHANNELS WORLDWIDE, A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT, SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE TO JOIN ITS BUSINESS AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT AS A VICE-PRESIDENT.
• Structuring, negotiating, documenting, and managing transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors, and performers), and below-the-line departments heads (line producers, casting directors, etc.), and to acquire underlying rights for the development, and production of original content for the worldwide DCWW and Disney's new direct-to-consumer streaming service, Disney .
• Structuring, negotiating, documenting, and managing transactions to acquire and distribute content from 3rd parties and by way of co-productions worldwide.
• Maintain budgetary oversight of productions in partnership with Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for productions is accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other lines of business at The Walt Disney Company to build franchises based on our original movies and series.
• 10 years experience as a business affairs executive handling scripted programming, ideally at a major US television studio, SVOD platform, or US television network.
• Must possess an ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment, together with a positive attitude and commitment to learning and excellence.
• Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
• Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
• Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-closer while holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
• Superior communication skills; ability to explain complex legal and business issues with clarity and simplicity to non-lawyers.
• 2 or more years of law firm experience
• California Bar membership
• Prior employment at a major US law firm
• Graduate of a top US law school
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDTV) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDTV offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDTV includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.