Summer Intern - Acquisitions & Worldwide Programming Strategy
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Acquisitions and Worldwide Programming Strategy (WPS) team is part of the Content Strategy department which oversees Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, and DisneyNOW. On the Acquisitions side, we work with regional and local programming teams to identify high-quality third-party content that supports our brands. On the WPS side, we facilitate collaboration between the global programming teams in connection with our original content.
You will work across both Acquisitions and WPS tasks for Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD, which means no two days will be the same.
• Support the team in running global WPS calls to discuss upcoming content, launch strategies, recent performance information, etc.
• Help communicate global programming strategies including local stunts and events
• Manage global airdate tracking grids
• Assist the team in organizing all aspects of the Global Programming Summit and MIPJunior/MIPCOM (These events occur in October, but are prepped during the summer)
• Review potential acquisitions and attend pitch meetings
• Coordinate meeting agendas and notes
• Upload materials/maintain two internal SharePoint sites and the PIX content viewing platform
• Assist with the creation of department presentations and other internal communications
• Strong interest in kids' TV content, affinity for the Disney Channel family of brands is a plus
• Ability to communicate openly and honestly, both written and verbal
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Detail-oriented with high standards of quality excellence
• Ability to collaborate with and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize project workflow in a fast-paced environment
• Positive can-do attitude with strong initiative and follow through
• Skilled in all Office software (Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Keynote
• Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year or recent graduate
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• All students must have unrestricted work authorization
• All students must be at least 18 years old
• You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
• All candidates must be available from May to August
• All candidates must be willing to work up to 40 hours/week
• All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All candidates must provide a reliable, consistent work schedule during the session
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.