Manager, Business Affairs & Legal Counsel, TVA
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Business Affairs & Legal Counsel, Tva - Project Hire
This position will have day-to-day responsibilities for the animated television series produced at Disney Television Animation (''TVA'') for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, and will report to the Vice President, Business Affairs & Legal Counsel at TVA. Such duties will include deal negotiation, drafting of contracts, issue spotting, advice on rights and legal clearance, and resolving intellectual property and other issues in connection with projects in production. This position is expected to work in a collaborative fashion with other members of the TVA Business Affairs & Legal Counsel team, as well as members of other key departments at TVA including Creative, Casting, Music, Finance, Production, and Operations.
This is a project position and is anticipated to last 18 months.
• Meet with Creative, Casting, Music, Finance, Production, and Operations executives to determine the deal parameters and advise regarding labor and related issues;
• Negotiate deals in connection with the TVA productions and successfully liase with talent representatives;
• Draft and finalize contracts;
• Review and advise regarding intellectual property issues and clearance as to content in the productions; and
• Successful management, coordination and oversight of the productions and attendant issues.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a law firm or a minimum of 3 years of experience in combination with a law firm and a network/studio
• Solid work experience with respect to contract law and intellectual property law (including defamation, right of publicity, parody)
• Ability to prioritize according to time-sensitive needs of fast-paced productions
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
• Excellent ability to work cooperatively with a team
• Related experience in entertainment-related field, with emphasis on productions
• Experience in litigation
• Experience in employment law, including wrongful termination and wage and hour issues
• J.D. required
• Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDTV) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDTV offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDTV includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.