Director - Finance Planning
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The DATG Segment Finance and Planning team is seeking a candidate to lead the financial planning and analysis for the DATG Division of the Walt Disney Company. The director will manage the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan and Forecasts for DATG. The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups across DATG and The Walt Disney Company, as well as executive management. Position requires excellent communication and time management skills, knowledge of systems, as well as an acute attention to detail.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage the financial planning process across DATG
• Lead in the analysis of DATG-wide efforts as well as drive segment-wide finance initiatives to improve operating efficiency and growth
• Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
• Serve as a DATG central communication hub for segment planning efforts, within DATG, other TWDC segments and Corporate teams
• Prepare DATG executive forecast reporting packages, which include financial reporting and variance analyses for the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Strategic Plan and bi-quarterly forecasts
• Support the Disney Corporate team in the overall TWDC financial planning process
• Manage, train and develop a team of finance professionals
• Develop best practices for planning across DATG
• 10 years of relevant work experience
• Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to manage and develop teams
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus, with a solid understanding of ultimates
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
• MBA or CPA preferred
The Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties and owned television stations group. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels, Freeform and Radio Disney. The company's equity interests in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
The DATG Segment Finance and Planning team consolidates and reports all forecasts for the division. In addition, the Planning team provides financial support to the DATG Admin business units, which includes Research, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Technology (Broadcast Operations).
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.