Director, Casting - Disney Channels Worldwide
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
In this role as Director, Casting for Disney and Disney Channel, this person will oversee the casting of pilots, series and movies and guide producers in the casting process from development to pilots, series and movies casting.
• Create talent idea lists for Disney and Disney Channel programs, as well as general casting, on an ongoing basis.
• Listen to and review pitches from talent representatives as it pertains to current and future casting, and maintain and build relationships with these representatives.
• Consult with executives, producers and independent casting directors on each project and advise on actors that should be considered for projects and/or development.
• Scout talent at theater, comedy and film festivals, and showcases for current and future casting ideas and distribute ongoing reports that detail findings.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Casting Director working in television and/or 7 years as a Casting Associate for network or cable primetime pilots/series.
• Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
• Ability to assume responsibility, function effectively in team environment or independently, with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime, and/or on weekends with short notice
• Ability to function in a demanding environment with competing and changing priorities
• Ability to recognize a need and take ownership of its completion
• Ability to work as a team player within the department
• Demonstrates the ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• SAP experience
• Familiarity with IMDB, Studio System, ESN, VPO, DAX, CastIt Systems are preferable
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Share an assistant with another executive and then supervise that assistant along with the other executive
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.