Development Production Coordinator
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Development Production Coordinator is part of the team creating pilots and animation tests for shows in development for Disney Channel, Disney Junior, or Disney . This role will support the Line Producers and Production Manager on all project management tasks.
• Break down scripts and create design records in the production database
• Distribute and maintain the episode design lists throughout the pilot production process
• Organize artwork, including labeling, categorizing and creating final model packs for shipment. Track all artwork including characters, props and location designs
• Handout scripts to storyboard artists, including freelance artists
• Prepare room, materials and exports for all story and animatic screenings
• Take notes at all reviews and distribute notes, including executive notes
• Enter artwork into the production database.
• Supports artists by supplying any necessary materials, including reference and equipment
• Distribute notes to the Vendor studio and internal production team
• Partner with the LP/PM to ensure that all show elements and production materials are archived as per WDTVA and studio policy
• Coordinate recording process: conform scripts, ensure audio is distributed correctly, track pickups under direction of PM, EP, and editor
• Notify LP/PM of vendor shipments and confirm receipt with vendor studio
• Listen carefully to the needs and issues of all teams involved in project and flags any issues/problems to the LP/PM as necessary
• Follows procedures appropriate for different mediums and/or network processes
• Remains cool under pressure, is flexible under changing direction, and has a confident executive presence
• Communicate creative notes clearly, effectively, and positively
• Able to work with artists and motivate various personalities and work styles within the team
• Awareness of both pre and post production process - maintains consistent systems that can be shared with and taught to the production team
• Strong leadership skills
• Solid project management skills
• Excellent organizational skills, strong written & verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all personality types
• Proven ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Animation production experience on a series
• Proficient computer skills; MS Word, Excel, Storyboard Pro, Insight, Photoshop
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.